Friday, April 23, 2010

TheResearchman...

Someone asked me the other day why I use the screen name of "TheResearchman". I thought it was obvious, but maybe it isn't if you don't know me. I started using it on genealogy sites because mostly what I do on those sites is research my family. I have been an amateur genealogist for about 30 years and have spent many hours researching in libraries, courthouses, other cities, etc. In the last 5 years the research information available to the family historian online has multiplied exponentially. I have been able to find copies of original documents that just 5 years ago I would have had to travel to the towns and countries where these documents resided, and spend hours looking for these documents. Now with a simple (sometimes not so simple), push of a computer button, up pops my ancestor, and the copy of the original document.
Anyway, since I am a man and I spend hours, for fun, researching my families, I thought the screen name of "TheResearchman" fit. So now I use it for my screen name whenever possible. By the way, I still have to travel, write and look for info in other places. Not everything is online!

No comments:

Post a Comment