Monday, July 12, 2010

Sunset...

Saturday afternoon, the clouds were in the sky and the setting was perfect for what looked to be a great sunset. I had already taken my walk along the beach, but having just purchased my new Canon 7D, I was contemplating going back for the chance of the colors in the sky.
It was about 7:30pm when we sat down to eat dinner, after which we were going to watch a movie. As I relaxed and began to settle in to another uneventful evening, I continued to have the gnawing feeling that I should go down to the beach for the sunset.
I have seen and photographed hundreds of sunsets and sunrises, and this would be just another one, or so I tried to convince myself! All said, having seen all those previous mentioned sunsets, I knew that all were special in there own way. I started to forget about it, when Marilyn, speaks out and says, "Danny, look at the colors outside".
That was it! I grabbed my gear and headed the 1/2 mile to the beach. Walking through the Monarch Butterfly Grove, the pictures presented themselves to me. First a bench glowing in the low sun light. The trees bathed in yellow/orange, The sun saying its last 'good evening' behind the trunks of eucalyptus... I was in heaven!
The sun was just about to disappear behind the hills across San Luis Bay when I arrived at the beach. The clouds were orange red and the reflection on the surf was gorgeous! A swath of virga hung lazily below the clouds blowing in the breeze, creating a watercolor effect in the atmosphere.
I started clicking, trying different settings and getting to know my new camera. Damn! I didn't bring my tripod! Oh Well! I set the camera to a higher ISO and started shooting, the anti-shake feature of these new lenses was great. I could hand hold the camera and take pictures even as it became almost too dark to see! I LOVE THIS!
DONE! I began to slowly walk back home, enjoying the transition of the sky into twilight. Approaching the State campground, I could see all the campers prepping for their evening activities and made note of how glad I am to live in a place where many travel to visit!
To see more pictures click here

No comments:

Post a Comment