Monday, July 5, 2010

Today is My Birthday...

I was born on the 5th of July... I was supposed to be a 4th child, but my mom had to be scheduled for a cesarean section on the 5th.
Being late for my due date had a major impact on my life. Because of that major trauma of not being a "real live nephew of my Uncle Sam", I have spent my entire life striving to be on time, or even early, for any event I am involved with! Hell, I even joined the military and fought in Viet Nam, just to prove I should have been a 4th of July child... To no avail. No matter how hard I try, I will always be a plain ole 5th of July child. No special celebrations, no special acknowledgements, just a regular old birthday based solely on who I know, and family. "Alas, poor Yorick..."
Think how you would feel if everyone always celebrated so hard the day before your birthday, that they had no energy left to celebrate your birthday! OH THE SUFFERING I have experienced! All of you who are born on the 5th, you know what I mean. There is only one thing that I could imagine might be worse, and that is being born the DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS. OHHH the agony!!
So... Happy Birthday to Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment